奥古斯塔、乔治亚州30901 - 2629
小时: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
bg视讯试玩app is the only hospital in the region to offer this life-saving 心脏衰竭 treatment to those patients in need of left ventricular assistance. 使用 devices help your heart pump blood from one of the main pumping chambers to the rest of your body or to the other side of the heart. 这些泵被植入你的体内. In most cases, they are connected to machinery outside your body.
bg视讯试玩app uses the 心Mate 3 device that circulates blood throughout the body when the heart is too weak to pump blood adequately on its own. It is sometimes called a “heart pump” or “VAD.” 心Mate 3 is a small implantable 使用 that represents a breakthrough in medical technology and has rapidly become the most widely used device of its kind in the world.
No. 心Mate 3 is not an artificial heart, nor is it a heart replacement. 病人的原心脏没有被摘除. 心Mate 3 attaches to the heart and is designed to assist – or take over – the pumping function of the patient’s left ventricle - the main pumping chamber of the heart.
心Mate 3 is designed to supplement the pumping function of the heart. The device is placed just below the diaphragm in the abdomen. 它与左心室相连, 和主动脉, the main artery that carries oxygenated blood from the left ventricle to the entire body. 一个外部, wearable system that includes a small controller and two batteries is attached by an external driveline. The wearable system is either worn under or on top of clothing.
How does 心Mate 3 help a 心脏衰竭 patient?
心Mate 3 is designed to restore blood flow throughout the body, enabling the patient to breathe more easily and feel less fatigued. The patient’s organs will receive more blood than they did before receiving the 使用, and this will likely improve their organ function. 收到使用后, patients generally feel more energetic and are able to resume normal activities that they were unable to do prior to receiving the device
- 一个泵. 泵重1至2磅(.5到1公斤). It is placed inside or outside of your belly.
- 电子控制器. The controller is like a small computer that controls how the pump works.
- 电池. The batteries are carried outside your body. They are connected to the pump with a cable that goes into your belly.
You will need general anesthesia when your VAD is implanted. This will make you sleep and be pain-free during the procedure.
- The heart surgeon opens the middle of your chest with a surgical cut and then separates your breastbone. 这可以进入你的心脏.
- 下一个, the surgeon will make space for the pump under your skin and tissue in the upper part of your belly wall.
- The surgeon will then place the pump in this space.
- 一根管子将泵和你的心脏连接起来. Another tube will connect the pump to your aorta or one of your other major arteries. Another tube will be passed through your skin to connect the pump to the controller and batteries.
- The VAD will take blood from your ventricle (main pumping chamber of the heart) through the tube that leads to the pump. Then the device will pump the blood back out to one of your arteries and through your body.
- There are other types of VADs that can be placed with less invasive techniques to help the left or right ventricle. However, these typically cannot provide as much flow (support) as the surgically implanted ones.
如果病情严重，可能需要做VAD 心脏衰竭 that cannot be controlled with medicine, pacing devices, or other treatments. You may get this device while you are on a waiting list for a heart transplant. Some people who get a VAD are very ill and may already be on a heart-lung support machine.
Not everyone with severe 心脏衰竭 is a good candidate for this procedure.
- Blood clots in the legs that may travel to the lungs
- Blood clots that form in the device and can travel to other parts of the body
- 心脏病或 中风
- Allergic reactions to the anesthesia medicines used during surgery
Most people will already be in the hospital for treatment of their 心脏衰竭.
Most people who are put on a VAD spend from a few to several days in the intensive care unit (ICU) after surgery. You may stay in the hospital from 2-8 weeks after you have had the pump placed. During this time you will learn how to care for the pump.
Less invasive VADs are not designed for ambulatory patients and those patients need to stay in the ICU for the duration of their use. They are sometimes used as a bridge to a surgical VAD or heart recovery.
A VAD may help people who have 心脏衰竭 live longer. It may also help improve patients' quality of life.